How can I report a crime?
The Shelton Police Department does not currently have an online reporting system. 

Activity in Progress:
To report a crime in progress, immediately dial 911

Reporting Non-Emergency Activity:
If you're reporting a non-emergency issue, please call 360-426-4441. You will reach MACECOM, our dispatch center. An officer will be dispatched to assist you in person or by phone. You can also dial this number to speak with an officer regarding an already-reported case.
How can I request a police report?
The Shelton Police Department is committed to responding to your request for public records in a timely manner. 

To find out more about what is available to you and any charges for the materials you're requesting, please contact our Records Division at 360-432-5145 or email police.records@sheltonwa.gov (Fax: 360-432-0537).
How do I apply for a concealed pistol license?
The Shelton Police Department issues concealed pistol licenses to City of Shelton residents, Monday - Friday.

Original Concealed Pistol License:
Please bring a valid ID and $49.25 (non-refundable) by cash or check. You will need to also complete the Department of Licensing Concealed Pistol License and fingerprint card. There is a 3-week waiting period. 

Renewal of a Concealed Pistol License:
You may renew your concealed pistol license 90 days before the expiration date for a fee of $32 (cash or check), or 90 days after the expiration date for a fee of $42 (cash or check). Please bring your permit, valid ID, and you will need to complete the Department of Licensing's Concealed Pistol License.

Replacement of a Concealed Pistol License:
If you have lost your concealed pistol license, or have changed your address, please bring a valid ID, $10 (cash or check), and you will need to complete the Department of Licensing's Concealed Pistol License.

Related Laws:
RCW 9.41.0709.41.0479.41.0409.41.0759.41.047
Does the Shelton Police Department provide fingerprinting services?
The Records Division fingerprints Monday through Friday, from 10 - 11:30 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m. The fee is $60 per card, payable by cash or check. Please bring a valid ID and a fingerprint card.
How do I arrange for a civil standby?
A civil standby is completed when a person who is the respondent in a non-contact order wishes to remove basic items from a residence where they are not permitted to be by a court order.

To arrange a civil standby, please contact MACECOM, our dispatch center, at 360-426-4441.
Does the Shelton Police Department assist with landlord-tenant issues?
The Shelton Police Department can't assist with landlord-tenant issues, and we do not serve landlord-tenant related paperwork such as eviction notices.

The Mason County Sheriff's Office is responsible for civil Landlord-Tenant Act issues, including evictions. You can find more information through the Civil Division of the Sheriff's Office, or by phone at 360-427-9670, extension 313. 

Information on the Landlord-Tenant Act can also be found on the Washington State Attorney General's website.
How do I obtain a no-contact order?
Police officers do not issue no-contact orders. Judges issue no-contact orders through a court process. You must go to Mason County District Court located at 419 North 4th Street and complete a petition of an order.
Where do I pay a traffic citation that was issued in the City of Shelton?
The Shelton Municipal Court is located on the first floor of the Civic Center, located at 525 West Cota Street. You can contact the Court at court@sheltonwa.gov or 360-426-9772.
How do I get my property back that has been held by the Shelton Police Department?
You will need to call our Records/Evidence Division at 360-432-5145. If your property is eligible to be released, you can schedule an appointment to pick it up.
Does the Shelton Police Department hold property auctions?
All unclaimed evidence, seized and found property items that are no longer held by the Shelton Police Department are sent to propertyroom.com, an online auction site.
Is there a Safe Exchange Zone at the Shelton Police Department?
Yes. The Safe Exchange Zone is located in the parking lot east of the Civic Center. There is a designated sign in the parking lot near the Shelton Police Department.