How to Pay My Utility Bill
On April 1, 2021, our online utility bill payment system switched from USA EPay to OpenEdge, our new service provider. With OpenEdge, customers will be able to view real-time account balances, payment amounts, and consumption history in one convenient location. OpenEdge is also optimized for mobile access.
- Be sure to update your bookmarks/saved links from USA EPay to municipalonlinepayments.com/sheltonwa. USA EPay is no longer active to pay City of Shelton utility bills.
- You will need your account number (including the dashes) and last payment amount (no dollar sign needed) to access the OpenEdge payment system. These are both printed on your utility bill.
1. Go to municipalonlinepayments.com/sheltonwa and click on "Utility Billing".
2. A page will open with two options for paying your bill: Quick Pay, or Login. Here's a good way to remember the difference between the two:
- Quick Pay: Use to just pay your bill. You will not be able to view account details or manage/make multiple payments for accounts. Renters who pay their utility bills directly to the City should only use this option. If you're a renter who pays the City directly for utilities, you should only use Quick Pay.
- Login: Create an account to view your account details (transaction history, address info, account info, consumption history). Creating an account will allow you to manage multiple utility accounts or pay multiple bills in one payment.
We've created two separate sets of detailed instructions for using either the Quick Pay option or creating an account:
VIEW QUICK PAY INSTRUCTIONS (PDF)
View Account Creation Instructions (PDF)
Other Payment Methods
Bills can also be paid using the following methods:
- In-Person: Customer Service is located on the second floor of the Civic Center. Their hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Dropbox: There is a payment dropbox located in the main parking lot of the Civic Center, located at 525 West Cota Street.
- By Phone: Customer Service can be reached by phone at 360-426-4491.