All events must be open to the public and be held within the Shelton Urban Growth Boundary.
All events submitted to the community calendar are subject to public disclosure under applicable local, state, and/or federal law.
Disclaimer: The City of Shelton reserves the right to make changes or corrections to any requested posting as deemed necessary.
Events submitted to the community calendar must meet the following criteria:
- Be open to the general public for attendance
- Be physically located within the Shelton Urban Growth Boundary
- Must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another government agency
- Organized by a City-affiliated group
- An organization identified as eligible for City funding or community groups:
- Funded in full, or in part, by the City
- Sponsored by the City
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the City
- Organized by a service club operating within the City that performs work which benefits City residents
- Organized by a business improvement area for general promotional purposes
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the City
- Is an appropriate, family-safe community event that is not-for-profit and open to all members of the public (all ages)
Events submitted for posting containing any of the following shall not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, immigration status, or sexual orientation
- Solicitations of commerce (ex: yard sales, sidewalk sales, grand openings, etc.)
- Election and political advocacy
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
1. Community member needs to fill out this Event Request Form no later than 14 days prior to the event date.
2. Event applicants must include a first and last name, phone number, and email address. Anonymous postings are not permitted.
3. City of Shelton staff will review requests within 7 days of submission.
4. Providing the event request matches required criteria, City staff will approve the posting. Event applicants will be notified by email when their event is posted on the City of Shelton's Community Calendar.
Submit an Event to the City of Shelton Community Event Calendar