The Street department is responsible for maintaining roadways, alleys, and right of ways within the City of Shelton. Maintenance tasks include, patching, paving, grading gravel roads and parking strips, crack sealing, chip sealing, roadside mowing, street sweeping, and pedestrian path maintenance.
Services provided by the Street department include:
- Traffic control, such as roadway striping, crosswalk painting, street signs, traffic signals
- Snow and ice removal - Click to access Maps: Snow/Ice Removal Plan and Priority, Level 1 Road Restrictions, Level 2 Road Restrictions
- Flood control
- Drain cleaning
- Ditch and culvert maintenance
- Storm drainage infrastructure maintenance
- Filling potholes
- Grading alleyways
- Street sweeping & litter removal
- Christmas Tree pick up (January)
Need to talk to someone ASAP? In the event of an emergency during business hours, please call Public Works directly at (360) 426-6442 to report the incident. After hours, please call MACECOM at (360) 426-4441. Examples of Public Works incidents worth reporting include (but aren’t limited to): serious water leaks, fallen trees in a roadway, sewage backing up into a household or business, water across a roadway or flooding buildings, hazardous material spills on a roadway, or dangerous street conditions (sinkholes, potholes, etc.).